Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello from Blessing

Tuesday I moved into my until-I-get-a-forever-home foster home. My first foster mom broke her ankle so I went to a temporary foster family. They have lots of hounds. I liked them and they liked me. They would have kept me if their inn wasn’t already full.

The ride to my new foster home was long. That didn’t matter. I lay down on the seat and rested the whole way.

My foster brother, Duncan, and I took a walk as soon as I got to his home. We like each other.

My foster parents showed me the house. I am curious and smart. I wanted to see it all. I especially liked the chair full of stuffies.

My foster parents ate lunch right away. Duncan and I flopped on the carpet close to them. I am very adaptable to new circumstances.

I got to check out the back yard and have a quick run. I came back in as soon as I was called.

Foster Mom took me on a walk by myself. She said I needed to learn a few more leash manners. In less than five minutes, I learned what Loose Leash is. That means I don’t get to move if the leash is tight.

I showed off how smart I am. There was a squirrel playing 30 feet away. I stood next to Foster Mom with a Loose Leash. Next time I’ll probably go after the squirrel, but I fooled her this time. Told you I was smart.

I slept in my crate. I admit it. I cried for a bit. Then I settled down and didn’t move all night long.

We did lots of other stuff on my first day, but I’m tired and need to take a nap.

Sending houndee love while I wait for my forever home, Blessing

0 comments: